Thursday, December 30, 2010

Inspiration for colorful living - daring to be different

Has someone or something provided inspiration for your home decor?

This past Thanksgiving I hosted ten people for dinner at our new condo.  The guests included my parents, son #1 and his fiance, son #2 and my daughter-in-law, and my daughter-in-law's parents.  My son's mother-in-law is an artist and high school art teacher, and the first question she asked after a tour of our new condo was, "What inspired your color choices?"

First and foremost, my choices were inspired by the lovely artwork by Liz Lind.  Liz is a local Maryland artist who creates gorgeous whimsical beach inspired works of art.  You can see her work here 

You may find this one in my living room :) 

Another source of inspiration was the beautiful rugs from Company C. 

You may find this one  in my living room and entrance foyer :) 

My third source of inspiration was the lovely fabrics from Amy Butler.

I know - it's colorful.  It's different.  It's probably not for everyone.  But I love it.  It makes me happy:)

My new motto:  Live What You Love.

What inspires you?  What makes you happy?

~ Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment