Saturday, January 1, 2011

Are you in a cooking rut?

I don't know about you, but I can really get into a rut with my cooking.  Seems like we eat the same stuff all the time. Last week I was perusing this:







And came across a delicious sounding, light version of mac 'n cheese made with smoked gouda and ham.  Well I tried it out tonight and it was awesome.   And it made plenty!!  We will be having it again later in the week for sure :)  If you have this particular magazine at home, check it out and give it a try - you will not be disappointed.  I paired it with cornbread and grilled asparagus.  And a fine pinot noir :)

Happy New Year!

~ Karen

2 comments:

  1. Hi Karen,thanks for stopping by and for the nice compliment on my wreaths.Blogging is great fun I really enjoy it. I hope to make things a little more interesting soon so please keep checking in.I am pleased to return the follow. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS that meal sound delicious! sadly I am on a low carb gluten free diet.

    ReplyDelete